On Sunday, October 23rd, (starting at 3pm) we welcome Angela Kolias, who is launching her new book Alpha, Omega, Yoga.
Yoga in the West has gone from being esoteric and on the fringe to now being mainstream as a physical workout. The physical practice of yoga is merely a means to the end. What is yoga really all about? What do all the centuries of prace and insight reveal?
Here’s a little more about Angela:
What would you say is your most interesting writing quirk?
- writing is definitely a yoga practise for me – breathing, becoming empty so that the words may flow through me
What are you currently reading?
– because I do not watch TV I have several choices of reading on the go (surfing?). Currently that includes The Land of Painted Caves by Jean M. Auel (I love well researched historical novels), The Inner Journey: Myth, Psyche, and Spirit ed. by Martha Heyneman, Parabola Anthology Series and always plenty of periodicals especially British!
Do you have a pet? If so, why did you pick the name you did?
– my little heaven sent angel pet is “Rumour Has It” (she came named from our breeder) is an exquisite little 5 pound toy spaniel also knownas a “phalene”. She is so full of love, so well mannered, such beautiful company that I feel truly blessed to have her.
What is your favourite colour and why?
– orange is my favorite color because it packs a punch of fun! it makes me smile! it makes me feel warm!
What was your favourite childhood book?
– Dr. Seuss was fun and my brother and I really took to Green Eggs and Ham because his name is Sam.
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
– I really love being right here! – but come winter Hawaii is the other place I really love!!
The inevitable desert island question: what book would you take with you?
– talk about a hard one. I guess The Outline of History by HG Wells. The rest of the time I would be watching the sky and the water – always fascinating!
Join us is celebrating the launch of Alpha, Omega, Yoga with Angela on Sunday, October 23rd starting at 3pm.
This entry was posted in author events, biography/memoir, Canadian interest, local interest, psychology and tagged Angela Kolias, announcements, author events, author interviews, biography/memoir, Calgary author, Canadian interest, local interest, psychology.